Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The home I was renting in Olathe, Kansas was foreclosed on - I lost much of my personal items and my security deposit

The home I was renting in Olathe, Kansas was foreclosed on - I lost much of my personal items and my security deposit


Question: I rented a home 3 months ago in Olathe, Kansas. I have not been late on any of my rent payments. I came home from work last week and found all belongings on the driveway and people rummaging through it. I found out that the bank foreclosed on the landlord. I also found out that the landlord moved out after being foreclosed by the bank and decided to get a few extra bucks by renting the home until the bank took it. The landlord never told me that the home was in or had been foreclosed on. To make matters worse the landlord said he would not return the security deposit because of the damages to the exterior doors. The damages were done by whoever removed my items. Many of the items placed on the driveway in the morning like my tv, couch, dining table and beds were stolen by the time I got home at night. What can I do?
Janice G. from Olathe, Kansas


Answer: Don't take the time to read my response. Call an attorney, quickly. There are many issues that are plain wrong, here. If you need a referral for a good Olathe attorney, please contact me.




RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
Kansas City real estate, kansas city home, kansas city, dowell taggart, dowell taggart team

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Ask a Kansas City real estate question

Post a Comment

0 Comments