Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I'm a first time home buyer and found a home in Olathe, Kansas while I was driving around. I called the listing agent on the sign and she agreed to show me the home last Thursday.

Question: I'm a first time home buyer and found a home in Olathe, Kansas while I was driving around. I called the listing agent on the sign and she agreed to show me the home last Thursday. According to the listing agent she had nothing working on the home. I informed her while I was looking at the home that I had a buyers agent and tried calling her but was unable to get a hold of her. I thought since she was the listing agent she would be happy to show me the home. Was I wrong. My agent presented an offer on the home that evening and the listing agent will not agree to present the offer until I agree to pay a an additional commission. Can she do this?
Janelle K. from Overland Park, KS.


Answer: In Kansas the real estate agents have a duty to present all offers in a timely matter. The listing agent should present the offer to the seller. You informed the listing agent that you are working with a buyer's agent so I feel you informed the listing agent prior to creating a relationship with the listing agent. I would request proof that the offer has been presented to the seller. If you don't get proof, I would contact the listing agents broker. If the broker doesn't offer a satisfactory remedy make a complaint to the KCRAR real estate board and the Kansas Real Estate Commission. If you don't like the outcome from the board and commission or don't feel they will work in a timely manner, I would suggest contacting an attorney.




RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments