Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I have my home listed and the REALTOR has found a buyer. My contract is past inspections and is scheduled to close in 2 weeks. The problem is a buyer came to my door and has offered to buy my home for more money. How can I get rid of the contract and my REALTOR so I can pursue the higher offer?

Question: I have my home listed and the REALTOR has found a buyer. My contract is past inspections and is scheduled to close in 2 weeks. The problem is a buyer came to my door and has offered to buy my home for more money. How can I get rid of the contract and my REALTOR so I can pursue the higher offer?
John F. from Olathe, Kansas


Answer: First, it will cost you some money, but I would contact an attorney. Since you are past the buyers inspections and are set to close, an attorney maybe your only way out. In the end, you may not have gained much for going after the higher offer. And who knows if the higher offer buyer will actually close. 


You run the risk of being sued by the buyer, buyer's agent and your listing agent so I hope the 2nd offer is significant. 


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
The Real Estate Wizard of Kansas City
The Real Estate Wizards of Kansas City

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.
Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


Post a Comment

0 Comments