Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Do you prefer a Realtor that uses the tools at hand, maybe not too prideful. Kansas City Real Estate

I’m out showing Overland Park homes with a husband and wife that are process improvement consultants, currently on assignment with a local telecom.  I’m running my business as I always do, I have a pattern, a set of habits....and right now, I’m nervous.  Every move I make is being studied, watched, rated....Will I make the grade?



“The last Realtor refused to use GPS...Said, ‘I’m too proud...to use GPS.’”, Wil tells me.

Guess I’m too darn lazy; Lupe is my friend.  Yep, that’s what the Taggart gals call her; “Lupe”.



Jen goes on, “So we went in circles, made too many u-turns, searched up one street and down the other....While the last guy talks to himself.”



So how do I respond? Wit? Class? Professionalism? Nope.



I get us high-centered on a snow bank in a driveway.  True story. I ask Wil to take a turn behind the wheel while I shovel front and rear to get us going again.



We head off, and coincidentally, their favorite home was...you guessed it. The “stuck in the driveway” home. Took 15 minutes plus or minus....I shovel slowly.



They were impressed cuz I jumped out and grabbed the shovel and got it done.  They liked the fact that we got it done, we went about our way with little fuss.



Tomorrow I meet the general contractor who is re-designing the master bath.  You want a professional? Do you prefer a Realtor that uses the tools at hand, maybe not too prideful.



Might still make a move or two worth laughing at? Should we talk?



Turns out people don’t care about your convictions unless you’re lazy or really dumb convictions....”Too proud to use GPS.” Classic.


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.

For a reason...should we talk?

Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment. Do you have a real estate question for the Real Estate Wizards? Email us at RealEstateWizard@DowellTaggart.com

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates

Post a Comment

0 Comments