Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I signed a contract to sell my home in Olathe a couple weeks ago and now I am having second thoughts.

Question: I signed a contract to sell my home in Olathe a couple weeks ago and now I am having second thoughts. I wanted to sell my home in Olathe, Kansas because I am recently divorced and making the monthly mortgage payments is a little stretch. I wanted to buy a smaller home in Olathe, but I haven’t found anything I like or will cheap enough to lower my monthly payment. It doesn't make sense to me to move to a smaller home and pay the same monthly payment. What would happen if I got out of the contract? Would I owe the Realtor anything? Should I look at refinancing as an option to lower my current mortgage?
Leslie D. from Olathe, KS.


AnswerThere is a reason the paperwork you signed is called a contract. A contract is an agreement by two  parties that have their understanding down in writing, signed their names and are bound by it. Unless there is a provision in the agreement that lets you back out, then I don't see an easy way to get out. I would first meet with your REALTOR and discuss with them your situation and see what they recommend. If I were your agent, I would hope that you would come to me with all of these questions and let me guide you to the right result for you. As an exclusive buyer’s agent, I feel that is my job.


If a remedy is not worked out with your buyers agent, you may need to consult an attorney. If you don't have an attorney, I would recommend contacting Mark Molner. Mark can be reached at 800-884-6000.


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments