Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What do you expect at a "Going out of Business Sale?'

I had the opportunity between appointments to follow the signs in Olathe, Kansas to the "Going out of Business Sale" at Forty Winks.

Since I had been to Forty Winks in the past, I kind of had an idea of what to expect. In the past 4 months, you could nearly count the sofas for sale on one hand and the number of chairs took maybe the fingers on both hands.

When I walked in, the store was filled to near capacity and the staff that has graciously greeted me for the past couple years had been replaced with salespeople who knew little about the inventory.

After quickly glancing at the price tags, I noticed that the prices were nearly doubled what the prices had been for the past 5 years. Since it was a going out of business sale, the staff said that the furniture was marked down even further than the prices marked.

I picked 5 pieces of furniture, 2 that I have had my eye on, and asked the sales staff to figure the "Going Out of Business Sale" pricing. I was astonished that the "Going Out of Sale" price was actually much higher than the pricing I had been quoted by the Forty Winks staff the past few months so that got me to thinking.

Is Forty Winks really going out of business or is Forty Winks playing the "Going Out of Business" marketing game? When I go to a "Going Out of Business Sale" I expect prices to be lower, don't you?


Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment.

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates


Find out why you should contact the Dowell Taggart Team for your Kansas City real estate needs . . . .
     We can help you with online real estate tools that less than 10 Kansas City REALTORS use
     Search 21,000 homes for sale in Kansas City including foreclosures, short sales, luxury homes and more . . .
     Learn how to save on the real estate commission
     Learn how we can help you save money  . . .

Post a Comment

0 Comments