Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Last fall I bought a home in Overland Park. I found out that I bought a "Money Pit", What can I do?

Last fall I bought a home in Overland Park. I found out that I bought a "Money Pit", What can I do?


Question: Last fall I bought a home in Overland Park. I did not move in right after closing because I had to sell my home I was living in.  During the negotiations of our home I reviewed the sellers disclosure and even discussed it with my inspector while he was inspecting the home. The inspector noted a few issues, but overall I was happy with the home. Once I moved into my new home, I found out that I bought a "Money Pit." I have found out from neighbors and contractors that the seller knew of major problems in the home, but have never disclosed. We even found out that a rabid bat killed the previous families dog. We have discovered bats living in our attic. What can we do?
Angela L. from Overland Park, Kansas


Answer: I would first have a discussion with your agent, if you had one. If you did not have an agent have a discussion with the listing agent and their broker. If a suitable remedy can't be reached, I would recommend talking to an attorney. There sounds like some serious issues that have not been disclosed by the seller. I once had one of my buyers in a similar situation. My client won a very sizable award in court. Best of luck!


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments