Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MU Fan dressed in only Kansas State Briefs sings K-State Fight Song in OlatheMU Fan dressed in Kansas State Briefs only sings K-State Fight Song in Olathe MU Fan dressed in Kansas State Briefs only sings K-State Fight Song in Olathe

MU Fan dressed only in Kansas State Briefs sings K-State Fight Song in Olathe
For the past couple weeks I have been a nervous wreck. Why you ask?

I let a $10 bet turn into a near embarrassing situation.

After the MU Tigers basketball game loss at Kansas State, I have been in a lively discussion with a Missouri Fan. We started with a $10 bet that escalated into a much bigger bet.

If K-State lost, I had to wear MU clothes in a MU Bar and Grill and sing the MU fight song during the Kansas and Missouri game on Saturday.If MU lost, the MU fan had to wear only K-State briefs and sing the K-State fight song at a busy Olathe intersection.

As the game got closer last night, the more nervous I got. My teenage sons didn’t help. They kept reminding me that MU is ranked #3, is out for revenge since the last loss and is undefeated at home.

Days leading up to the game I lost sleep. I also became very nervous because my singing skills are atrocious. If you want wallpaper to peel and your windows to crack, I’m your man.

As the game started, I stayed out of my media room. Most of the first half I was downstairs in the kitchen with the TV pointed away from me and the volume down. I got brief updates from my teenage boys. From the sounds my boys were making, MU was raining 3's. The start of the game didn’t look so good for my Wildcats and I think I spent a lot of time in the bathroom.

While I was in the kitchen, I prepared spaghetti for dinner and a few desserts for after dinner.

Towards the end of the first half my boys yelled down to me that K-State is looking better.

Since this blog post is not really about the game, I’ll get to the point. K-State Won!

The win really took a lot of stress off of me. For the past 2 or 3 weeks, you see, I had a MU fan harrassing me and rubbing crummy MU stats down my email.




Now onto the bet and the juicy part of this blog.

I printed off the K-State fight song this morning and headed to Olathe to watch the MU fan wear only KSU briefs and sing the K-State fight song. I had my camera ready.

On a normal winter day, this would be really bad hard because of the weather. Today, though, the weather was in the 60’s. Standing in briefs should be no problem. If he didn't find KSU briefs, I communicated to him that purple briefs or briefs with a Wildcat on them was ok.


Armed with the lyrics of the K-State fight song, I met a couple friends at an Olathe intersection. We all stood at different corner of the intersection.

While I waiting for the black Ford F-250 pickup truck with a MU flag, I noticed that a couple K-State fans pulled up. About 15 minutes into my wait, a reporter/photograher from KSHB-41 pulled up.


During my 75 minute wait, the KSHB reporter/photographer shot a couple shots of the intersection and interviewed me a couple times.

I’m very confident that the MU fan was watching me, because I saw a truck that looked like the truck the MU fan had identified he would be driving. The truck was spotted going through the intersection a couple times, doing a u-turn on Santa Fe and parking at the end of the Kohl’s parking lot (the driver never got out).

My wait ended by calling the MU fan a welcher on camera because he never showed up. Maybe the cameras scared off this Missouri fan. What do you think?

Since I left the Olathe intersection I have received a few calls from the media and Wildcat fans wanting the name of the MU welcher. Should I reveal who this welcher from Missouri is on my blog?



RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
The Real Estate Wizard of Kansas City
The Real Estate Wizards of Kansas City

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.
Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


Post a Comment

0 Comments