Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Olathe FSBO makes a confusing move

Olathe FSBO makes a confusing move


I have been watching this FSBO in Olathe for the past 6 months. Yep, that is right. It has been on the market for 6 months.


I have watched this FSBO so closely because I had a buyer for the home 6 months ago. After doing a pricing analysis on the home for my buyer, we determined that the price of the home was $35,000 to high. My buyer has gone on and bought another home.


I have kept up on the home. More so because the homeowner guaranteed me that when our negotiations soured, he would have it sold within 30 days.


Over the past 6 months, I have seen some of the deffered maintenance fixed on the FSBO. The railing painted, landscaping cleaned up and front door replaced. 


I have also seen the price drop a whopping $1000 over the past 6 months. 


Two weeks ago the homeowner of the FSBO and I had a conversation. They were tired of trying to sell the home themselves so they were going to list. They told me that they had determined that I was 1 of 3 REALTORS who was on Google for the Olathe keywords so they were going to interview me.


I met them at their home and gave them the news. There home was not worth what they were asking. Surprisingly though, they had a bigger objection to the real estate commission. They wanted me to list their home for a 1% commission.


After determining that their home would not sell for their asking price I decided to pass on the listing.


Just the other day I noticed a real estate agents sign had popped up on their home. The Olathe FSBO decided to list their home at an even higher list price. When I called the listing agent, he told me that he was really using the listing to help build his business. He knew he wouldn't sell the home, but hopefully he could get some buyers and sellers off of the listing.


Now I will fast forward to today, 2 years later. The former FSBO had their home foreclosed on and the real estate agent who listed their home actually has had only 1 new listing in the past 6 months. I met the agent while on a Tuesday real estate tour. The agent had their only listing on tour. Since the tour was slow, I talked to them for a few minutes. It might have been my last discussion with the agent because they were thinking about getting out of real estate and getting a paying job.


There is a reason why less than 2% of the real estate agents are full time in Kansas City. Us full timers have knowledge and a wealth of experience. We also know who to review comparables and  present the information honestly to potential clients.




RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments