Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I have decided to come out of retirement and try one last time for the Tour de France

I have decided to come out of retirement and try one last time for the Tour de France. I made my decision this morning just before I started my first training practice.


What . . . you didn't know I went into retirement from cycling? When I retired I figured that a person in their 40's couldn't compete with 20 year olds who were using steroids.

Why did I decide to un-retire? Well, I figured since ALL of the riders are using growth enhancement drugs or steroids, they will all get disqualified from the tour and the pool of eligible riders will be low.

Last night while I was watching "The Voice" I had an "ah ah" moment. Why can't a 40 year old compete? Just in case I decided to un-retire, I mapped out my training practice program for the next couple of weeks last night.

Knowing that I needed to start slow, I will not ride the first week. I will start off with some brisk runs.

This morning I woke up and said I can do it. I started with doing some laps. Yep, down and up my driveway. I figured I would do 10 laps just to get started.

The problem is when I got started, going down the driveway was pretty easy. Getting back up was hard. I know you must be wondering since my driveway is fairly flat but the 10 mph wind was a little unbearable. For my first practice I got 1 lap in. Tomorrow I plan on doubling this.

I know I’m starting off slow, but people only remember the finish. Do you think Lance Armstrong started off as an elite rider? No way, he had some road bumps in his journey.

I’ll keep my blog updated on my progress and if you’re in France for the tour, stop by and say “hi” to the Over-The-Hill Team. Oh yeah, that is my team’s name.





RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

Dowell Taggart Team Kansas City Real Estate Network

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Awesome, Chris. And here I was thinking we'd never get the chance to cycle together. Work your way up to a block and then let's talk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on our Blogger blog, http://OnlineKansasCity.Blogspot.com!

Just an FYI: Spam will not be published.