Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The biggest mistake that Kansas City home buyers is . . .

Two years ago I met my wife for lunch at the school she teaches at in Olathe. While I was waiting I met a lady who was bringing her kids to school for the first day. Since I was early to meet my wife I started a conversation with the lady who was dropping off her kids for their first day in a new school.

The lady was extremely excited, new home, new school and new jobs.

I asked her about her home. She said that her husband came in town to interview with Garmin. After the interview took a tour around Olathe. Coming from the upper Northwest he was thrilled to look at homes that he could afford. While on the tour, he found a few homes he seemed interested in. He called the listing agents and only 1 out of 8 or 9 called him back. The one who called him back offered to let him inspect the home. While he was inspecting the home he sent me a few pictures. By the time he was leaving Garmin had offered him the job and they wanted him in Olathe in 45 days. Problem was he had a family to move. The husband called the listing agent back and told him he would like to buy the home.

The biggest mistake home buyers make is calling the listing agent. What they should do is research agents in the area of interest and then interview the agents. Why?

The listing agent is working on behalf of the seller. Their job is to protect the seller's best interest.

In this case the lady I had met at my wife’s school had called me up. She needed an agent to sell her home. The problem is when I met her and her husband at the home and showed them an analysis of their home they were shocked. I also showed them an analysis of when they bought their home and they were embarrassed. Why?

I just informed them that they bought their home for over $15,000 over the market 2 years ago and that they were upside down now.

The homeowners were confused . . . Why didn't the real estate agent advise them incorrectly? Why did the mortgage bank give them the money? How did the appraisal get through?

Listing agents are working on behalf of their seller clients. They prefer you to work with their professional team for a reason.

The home buyers, now wannabe home seller have learned a valuable lesson. If you would like to avoid their situation, I advise you to higher a full time buyers agent.

Keep in mind that a buyer's agent is a FREE SERVICE for the buyer. The buyer's agents job is to protect the buyers interest.They will help you find, negotiate and secure your new home at no cost to you. A true buyers agent will educate and inform without high pressure sales.

If you would like professional assistance, let talk . . . We're a phone call, text message or email away.



RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

Dowell Taggart Team Kansas City Real Estate Network

Post a Comment

0 Comments