Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I helped contribute 35,000 meals to Kansas City Harvesters - What did you do today?

I helped contribute 35,000 meals to Kansas City Harvesters - What did you do today?



Most days end with a conversation with my two sons. We typically discuss what we had done that day, what we learned and what we need to do to prepare for the next day.



My son, Chandler, started the conversation that he had already completed his 17 pages of homework. He then proceeded by showing me the homework. I figured it was something simple and it was really 10 minutes of homework. In reality it looked difficult. I asked him how he was able to squeeze it in between practices tonight. He said his goal wasn’t to look at all 17 pages at once and let that worry him. He set a goal of 1 page at a time. The next thing he knew, his homework was done.



My son, C.J., shared the Simone football ceremony with me. The ceremony honored Nathan Stiles (the Spring Hill football player who died this season) and Trevor Roberts (the Kansas high school player who lost part of leg due to a hit during a football game). Kansas City Chief’s players Matt Cassell and Thomas Jones gave speeches to the students in attendance. Bubba Starling won the Simone Award as the most outstanding Kansas City metro high school player. Bubba gained over 3200 yards with an impressive 2417 on the ground in 12 games. C.J. shared with me that you need to set your goals in order to succeed. He then headed to work on some goals for next year.



After my boys shared their day, I shared with them my day. First I attended a very successful Kansas City SEO meeting and we worked on a new social bookmarking site that Karl Koele introduced. I then thanked my boys for the incredible help they have done on the Kansas City Social Media breakfast and that the next event is December 9th at the Olathe Houlihan’s.


Next, I helped my fellow ReBarCamp Committee members contribute 35,000 meals to Harvesters, a local Kansas City food bank.. I shared with my boys that Harvesters is a Kansas City food bank that helps 620 non-profit agencies feed 66,000 people each week. Harvesters really needs help of the local Kansas City community throughout the year because 50% of their donations comes in the months of November and December. The summer is when Harvesters really needs help because that is when kids are out of school and that is when Harvesters gets the fewest donations. The ReBarCamp Committee will be looking to move next years event from the fall to the summer.



The following people really helped make this past years ReBarCamp become a success: Chris Drayer, Michael Russell, Michael Pierce, Stacey Johnson-Cosby, Cindy Dicianni, Catherine Thomson and of course myself, Chris Dowell. If you would like to contribute to the next ReBarCamp via as a sponsor, speaker or committee person, feel free to contact any of the committee members.

What did you do today?

What is ReBarCamp?

“ReBarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.”



It’s simple.. it’s people meeting people, learning, sharing, gathering, and networking. The knowledge you gain at ReBarCamp is invaluable.. the friendships and associations you make, will change your life and your business!



RE Bar Camp is what YOU Make it… every person has an individual take-away!



This past year’s ReBarCamp was held at the Town Pavillion in downtown Kansas City. This year we’re looking for a new venue.



RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.

For a reason...should we talk?

Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment. Do you have a real estate question for the Real Estate Wizards? Email us at RealEstateWizard@DowellTaggart.com

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates

Post a Comment

0 Comments