Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Olathe Police Department wants my opinion . . . What should I say?

Today, I received a letter from the Olathe Police Department regarding they want my opinion. 

You see, a couple weeks ago I reported a theft at one of my clients homes. A worker drove by my clients home and removed some items from the yard. The worker was not performing work at my clients home. I gave the police department a slam dunk case due to having a really good description of the vehicle with the business name on the side.

Four days after reporting the theft to the Olathe Police Department, I called the police department to get a updated status. 

Guess what? The police officer assigned had admitted that they hadn't done a single thing to pursue the thief. 

So I took it upon myself, to contact the business who was on the side of the vehicle. The business what caught blind and after a brief discussion, I concluded that the only involvement the business had was that an employee used their vehicle. 

A couple hours after my meeting with the business, I received a phone call from a guilty person. They explained that a friend did the theft and they wanted to know if they gave back the stolen items if I would not pursue their friend.

I said, "Sure."

I did my part, the thief had not. 

Now the Olathe Police Department wants my opinion. What should I say?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates

Your Olathe Real Estate Marketing Masers!

Follow us on Twitter
Be our fan Facebook
Friend us on Facebook
Network with us on Ning
Follow us on Social Media
















Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. How about: Do the job that you are being paid to do! As taxpayers, we are paying for police protection. Part of their job is not only to protect....but to SERVE as well!

    It is their sworn duty to solve crimes and follow up on reports made by citizens.

    Bottom line: DO YOUR JOB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on our Blogger blog, http://OnlineKansasCity.Blogspot.com!

Just an FYI: Spam will not be published.