Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Is it just me . . . Why do people . . . on Facebook

Is it just me  . . . Why do people send a friend request on facebook and then have everything hidden? 

Yesterday, I received 38 friend request on facebook. Twenty six of those friend request were from people who lived a hidden life.What do I mean? Their profile was hidden. If you were one of them let me help you out.

When I'm looking at accepting a friend request on facebook, I start with the following process.

First, I look at the name. Since I do public speaking events, I don't recognize every name.

Second, I look at the profile picture. If you were sitting in the 7 row and didn't ask questions, I might have a hard time recognizing your picture. Now if you're creative and have a logo or family picture, I'm going to have a really hard time recognizing you.

If I don't recognize your name and picture, I will then go to your info tab. If this is hidden, I will then go to your wall. If that is hidden, how will I know you? 

Next, since I have a lot of friends, I like to keep them organized. If I don't know what you do, where you live, how I know you, then how am I going to know what group to put you in?

Ok, you say just add a personal message at the beginning. Great, that is a great idea!

Unfortunately, less than 10% of the people who send me a friend request do that. 

If you want to be my friend on Facebook, please help me out by hinting your identity.

My Facebook vanity url is http://www.facbook.com/kansascityrealestate .

Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment.

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates

Your Kansas City Real Estate Marketing Masters!


Follow us on Twitter
Be our fan Facebook
Friend us on Facebook
Network with us on Ning
Follow us on Social Media
















Post a Comment

0 Comments