Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Home buyer backs out of purchase of Leawood, Kansas home and causes home seller problems - What can be done?

Home buyer backs out of purchase of Leawood, Kansas home and causes home seller problems - What can be done?


Question: I sold my Leawood home with a contingency to close the buyer's home to a home buyer last month.The home buyer had their home sold, it just needed to close. The buyer had also done inspections on my home and requested repairs. I agreed to fix the repairs and I had hired a repairman to fix the requested repairs. Now here is the problem. The buyer backed out of our contract 12 hours before closing. I was told that their buyer backed out. In reality, I just found out during my sons soccer practice that that was not true. The buyers got cold feet and backed out of both deals. The buyer really put me in a bad situation because we had already paid the movers and closed on our home in Overland Park.  Other than keeping the earnest deposit can I sue for damages? 
John M. from Overland Park, Kansas


Answer: Sorry for your real estate problems, John. In a normal situation, John, I would say get your home back on the market and try to sell it as quick as possible. In your situation, since there maybe some expensive damages, I would consult with a real estate attorney.




RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
The Real Estate Wizard of Kansas City
The Real Estate Wizards of Kansas City

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.
Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


Post a Comment

0 Comments