Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sometimes it is more than just about the sale of another home in Kansas City. It is being their for our clients.

Just got off of the phone with a client. When I answered the phone I could tell he had been crying. Did he experience another tragic event? 


You see this client had been through a lot.


When I met this client last October, his wife left him in July and he lost his job in September. His dad was in the hospital and he had just been diagnosed with Diabetes. He found me off of Google from a comment about Diabetes I had made on a blog post. You see, I also have diabetes.


He called me to come by and list his home. If he didn't get what he needed out of his Olathe home, he was afraid he would have to short sale his home, so he wanted to spend a few months really getting his home to shine. I thought that was smart. Between a work severance from his past job and savings he had 7-8 months before he would be in a panic mode financially, so we worked on a plan.


During the end of the year, I helped him handle diabetes and prepare his home to sell. We talked quite a bit.


A month ago I went by my clients home to see how things were going. He had definitively spent the past few months getting his home ready to sell this March. He had painted the interior and added many new items like carpet, appliances and light fixtures. His home was sparkling. There is no doubt that his home would sell at his price. All he really had left to do was clean up the garage and basement, then  he should be ready to sell.


He was extremely happy about the advice I gave him and he told me that if I had not entered his life, he would have probably gone off the deep end. I'm glad that didn't happen. This guy is a good guy that has suffered many bad breaks.


Now here I go back to the phone call I just had with my client.


Yes, he was crying. His wife moved back in over President's Day. Then on Tuesday he found a job. A better paying job at that.


The reason why he was crying is he was upset that if he did not want to sell his home, I would be mad at him.


I told him, " are you crazy? You should be happy dude. Your wife is back and you have a job that is paying you nearly 20k more than you were making. You should be happy. I'm not mad that you're not going to sell. I'm happy things are working out for you."


I like good ending like this. How about you?


I know some real estate agents would be mad if they did all of this work and didn't get paid. Not me. I'm happy for my client. Sometimes it is more than just about the sale of another home in Kansas City. It is being their for our clients.




RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
The Real Estate Wizard of Kansas City
The Real Estate Wizards of Kansas City

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.
Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


Post a Comment

0 Comments