Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I have a question about firing my Overland Park REALTOR. I found a property in Overland Park on REALTOR.com that I was interested in and requested a showing online. I was contacted by a REALTOR, who was not the listing agent, who offered to show me the property and act as my REALTOR.

Question: I have a question about firing my Overland Park REALTOR. I found a property in Overland Park on REALTOR.com that  I was interested in and requested a showing online. I was contacted by a REALTOR, who was not the listing agent,  who offered to show me the property and act as my REALTOR. I liked the property in Overland Park and requested the REALTOR to make an offer. Instead of putting the offer in writing, the REALTOR presented a verbal offer to the listing agent. I have been trying to get a hold of my REALTOR and they havent been getting back to me or performing the tasks I have asked. I dont think the buyer is acting in my best interest and I now would like to use another REALTOR. I have not signed any paperwork with this REALTOR. My question is can I contact another REALTOR to make a written offer on this property without legal consequences?
Thanks you for your help.
Dan S. from Overland Park, Kansas

Answer: Real estate contracts in Kansas are not enforceable unless they are in writing. Since it appears that you have NOT signed any contracts with this REALTOR, you have indeed NOT hired this REALTOR. Many buyer Realtors fail to have their clients sign a buyer representation agreement, which is good in your case.

It sounds like this REALTOR is not representing you so I would find another Overland Park REALTOR to represent you as the buyer and make the offer. Time is of the essence so I would interview qualified Overland Park REALTORS quickly. If the home sold, you may lose out.

Since attorneys are the only ones who can provide you a legal answer, I would contact an attorney for legal advice. If you need a referral of an attorney, feel free to contact me.



RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
The Real Estate Wizard of Kansas City
The Real Estate Wizards of Kansas City

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.
Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


Post a Comment

0 Comments