Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

By dealing with a listing agent from the same company as our buyers agent, we need to pay $14,000 more for the same home By dealing with a listing agent from the same company as our buyers agent, we need to pay $14,000 more for the same home - Olathe, Kansas real estate

By dealing with a listing agent from the same company as our buyers agent, we need to pay $14,000 more for the same home


Question: My wife and I hired an agent in Olathe to find our family a home in Olathe. It just so happens to be that we found a home that is listed with my buyer's agent company. After making an offer, the seller countered. My wife and I agreed and my buyers agent sent me the paperwork to have us sign. She also need to get some additional docs like an updated pre-approval letter from us. My wife and I signed the paperwork and included our estimated buyers closing cost and another copy of our pre-approval letter (which showed a much higher sales price than the one given to the listing agent) and I dropped the paperwork off at my agents office that night. Now here is the problem. The seller cancelled their counter-offer and countered at our top dollar which was on our updated pre-approval letter. After discussing with my agent, we think the paperwork that I dropped off at her office actually went to the listing agent. My agent said that the envelope was opened when she got it out of her office mailbox. It seems that this mistake is costing us $14,000. Isn't there a major problem with this real estate office by sharing personal documents? Is there anything we can do?
Jack and Brenda M. of Olathe, Kansas


Answer: Sorry to here about your problems Jack and Brenda. Documents should not be shared within a real estate office. This you actually need advice that is beyond the scope of a real estate agent. I would consult an attorney ASAP. Sounds like there are many things going on in your question. If you don't have a real estate attorney, I recommend giving Mark Molner a call. He can be reached at 800-884-6000.


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments