Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My house in Overland Park is in foreclosure. I received notice that the Johnson County Sheriff will auction my house in a few weeks. I don’t know how it works, can they auction my house without us signing any papers?

Question: My house in Overland Park is in foreclosure. I received notice that the Johnson County Sheriff will auction my house in a few weeks. I don’t know how it works, can they auction my house without us signing any papers?
Greg, Overland Park, Kansas


Answer: Well Greg. You're not going to like my answer. Yes, your lender has the right to foreclose on your Overland Park, KS. house and order the Johnson County Sheriff to auction off your house to recover losses.


I would first recommend contacting an attorney to help you. If you do not know of a good attorney. I'll recommend one at the end of my answer. In Kansas, a mortgage lender has strict guidelines on how to foreclose on your house. Next, after the sheriff sale, a Kansas homeowner has at minimum of 90 days to redeem the sale.


Before the sheriff sale, you may also request a short sale from your mortgage lender. If you need guidance on this, feel free to contact the Dowell Taggart Team. 


Real Estate Attorney:

Mark D. Molner, Esq.
PRICE LAW GROUP, APC
2210 W. 75th Street
Prairie Village, KS 66208
Toll Free:  (800) 884-6000
Direct:      (913) 529-1474
Fascimile: (818) 907-2012





RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments