Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Last week I met 2 Olathe home buyers who both ended the weekend with a different tune . . . We can help you find the perfect Olathe home for sale


Last week I met 2 Olathe home buyers who both ended the weekend with a different tune . . .

Monday I received a phone call on another real estate agents' listing from a lady. She seemed very interested in the home in Olathe, Kansas. I tried to schedule an appointment with her but she was very hesitant. The home she called on was an Olathe foreclosure that was priced to sell. I even told her that, but I think she thought it was some sales gimmick....Go figure.

If she really knew me she would have known that is not my style. I prefer happy clients who will refer me to their friends, family and neighbors.

Well the conversation ended with an, “ I will think about it.”.

The week was rolling along and before I knew it Friday was already here.

On Friday I received a phone call from a buyer on another property. I scheduled an appointment with the buyer and my business partner, Martin Taggart, for over the weekend.

The property the buyer called about ended up being a dud. Not only was it needing to much work, it was also overpriced. Martin called me to let me know that the home was not going to work while he was showing the buyer the home.

I told Martin that I had a buyer call about a home this week that they passed on. Thinking the home may fit this buyers needs I gave Martin the address so he could show the buyer the home.

Not only did it fit the buyers needs and wants, they emotionally feel in love with the home. Martin spent Saturday night writing up the offer and Sunday negotiating the terms. The buyers were so excited they referred us two of their friends. They were so excited about finding their dream home for nearly the same payment they were paying on their current home.

The home sits on nearly a ½ acre lot and features a finished basement with a wet bar, a wonderful kitchen and a master suite that puts most homes to shame. Not only is it a wonderful home, it is priced well under market.

Sunday while Martin and I were fine tuning the negotiating for the buyers of this home, the original buyers called us up. They called us to let us know that after spending the week calculating that they the home was potentially $125,000 under market that they wanted to schedule an appointment and if it potentially met their needs they were prepared to write an offer.

Now here came the hard part. We had to inform them that the home they had been thinking about for nearly a week, had already been sold and no it wasn’t $125,000 below market, it was more than $150,000 below maket.

While we were informing them, an email popped up on our email server. It was another home with similar characteristics priced nearly the same.

We'll find out tonight if it is similar when we go to show it to the first buyer.

If you're looking for a home, the Dowell Taggart Team know where the best buys are in Kansas City.  



RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team

start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments