Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Discount Kansas City Buyer's Agent?

Discount Kansas City Buyer's Agent?

Caller says, “I want you to find me the perfect home, negotiate a great price, refer your best resources to myself and my friends....Then give me ½ of your commissions in a gift card, or cash....I don’t want a check, it could be traced back as income....”

“Slow down, Slick....You want what?”, I ask....

So the conversation heads down the road of Caller tells me he saw on HGTV where real estate agents can gift commissions to Buyers....A great deal on the home isn’t enough....He wants cash back.

No check that could be traced back as income.

Nope. No exceptions, not gonna happen.

Kansas and Missouri real estate statutes are very clear on this point. Only licensees may be paid a fee to market and sell on behalf of third parties....There are limited exceptions; these exceptions do not include refunding commissions to Buyers, or paying Sellers a fee either.

Check your state laws to determine the order of the day where you live.

As I conclude the call, (the Buyer is now working with me to help him find a home...(for which I will retain every dollar I earn), I’m thinking to myself, “Where does HGTV get this stuff?”.

Last week a Seller tells me she heard on Property Ladder that “....the Seller should paint the entire interior of the home off-white, so that potential Buyers are not confused by the personalization of the home.”

What? The Buyer has to be able to project themselves into your home....Is it your opinion that most Buyers prefer the inside of a powdered sugar doughnut....Heck no.

Unless it’s downright hideous, and as long as the interior design and colors are current, leave it alone.

At the other end, it’s always interesting to walk into a home with Buyers, and based on price, be under the belief the home must have special features, or updates not noted in the listing.

I’d believe that as the price is set at the high end of fair market value for the area.

Yet the condition of the home doesn’t always bear out the Seller/Seller’s Agent opinion based on their listing price.

Your local real estate resource, like the Kansas City Real Estate Network, will be more than available to answer questions like these while your on the way to successfully buying or selling your Kansas City home.



RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

Dowell Taggart Team Kansas City Real Estate Network

Post a Comment

0 Comments