Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Looking to sell your Olathe home? Maybe find a new magic place for yourself, your family.

Is It Still a Magic Place?

First time I went I was 8 or 9. We drove 7 hours to stay overnight with friends.



Where would we start? So much to see, so many people.

As we walked thought the gates, my mind was on fire.  Was it cool to just walk up and say "hi", or was there some secret protocol regarding an introduction? All the "little" kids looked right at home....The furthest thing from my mind was Olathe Real Estate.

I mean, I wanted to just run up, but then what? You know a guy's gotta be cool in front of his younger brother, right?

My brother was shy, stood behind me as we inched forward....Mom standing beside me, encouraging us, memories of her big hair still make me chuckle. Dad sporting his trademark Jack Nicholson grin. Like me, this was their first visit.

Throwing out my hand and delivering my best handshake, the overstuffed, three fingered glove of a famous mouse allowed only a finger to squeeze.  My brother cut around from behind me and stuck his hand out.  Like a couple of hillbillies at a family wedding, we were grinning from ear to ear with smiles missing more than a few teeth.

We rode many rides, with my younger brother, the thrill seeker, up front whenever possible. Mom and Dad marvelled at the size, the complexity....They were born in the thirties, and thought it was all so COOL!

I'm headed back for my first visit since my Senior year in high school. Back in the day (when the Dinosaurs ruled the earth), the park was open for "Grad Night" as thousands of graduating high schoolers flocked from all over the state, roads and parking lots packed with school buses. What a great night, rode the rides with all my friends, met new friends....

More hillbilly grins, this time flecked with braces, retainers....

Looking over my shoulder at my daughters seated a row behind me, (my vision partially obscured by the flight attendant with the ridiculous hair), I can see the grins starting.  The gals checked all the rides out on the internet, first in wonder, then with a keen eye toward strategy.  

"I'll ride the coasters first", said Caroline, latest in a procession of Taggart thrill seekers.

Cate stated with purpose, "You're not getting me outta there without pictures of me and You Know Who."

My throat is dry, more than a little choked with memories. Two of our original four visitors, my dad and my brother, will make this trip as Angels at my left shoulder....Dad never made it back to Disneyland, while Tim went at least one more time when he enjoyed "Grad Night" as much as I had two years earlier.  He wasn't aware the next four years would contain all of the adult memories he would ever know.

Last time, I didn't bring a camera.  This time, we coming back with pictures of Mickey, Minnie, Buzz Lightyear, and the whole gang.

Disneyland, we can do this easy, or...Or else Dad goes "Wally World". With us will return a treasure of new memories of a magic place.

Looking to sell your Olathe home? Maybe find a new magic place for yourself, your family.


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.

For a reason...should we talk?

Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment. Do you have a real estate question for the Real Estate Wizards? Email us at RealEstateWizard@DowellTaggart.com

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates

Post a Comment

0 Comments