Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Save you 50% when Selling your Kansas City home and it is good in Olathe, Kansas


Last week I got a strange phone call. If I had a retail store the phone call would not have seemed strange, but owning part of a real estate business, it seemed strange.

The caller asked if I accepted competitors coupons. When I asked them what they meant they said, “ I was doing some research on google and found a site that had real estate coupons. Since I was in the process of selling my house I found some discounts for listing my home. I noticed that you did not have a coupon, so would you honor a coupon from a competitor much like many stores do?”

I thought about it for a second and then I asked what website they found the coupons on.

As I was reviewing the coupons and really not recognizing any of the agents on the coupon website, the following conversation played out in my head.

“Chris is a great Kansas City real estate agent! You ought to give him a call.”

“Wow, he must be an experienced ethical real estate agent and an expert REALTOR in my Olathe subdivision, right?”

“No, you silly. He accepts coupons! He has a coupon that will Save you 50% when Selling your Kansas City home and it is good in Olathe, Kansas. Hurry, though, it expires tomorrow.”

If you buy a car at a huge discount and then spend thousands to make it run properly, was it really a great discount? What did the Seller overlook in order to sell the car at a discount?

Real estate marketing is exactly the same.  If you get a discount and then can’t/don’t sell your home, was it really a discount?  Ask the “discount” agent what they had to remove to cut costs.

After the following conversation played out, I asked the home seller if they were more concerned about what I was going to make or what they were going to net out of the sale of their Kansas City home?

Obviously they wanted to net as much as possible in the time frame they had given themselves to sell the home. Makes sense.

We got together and we put a great marketing plan together this week and signed the listing documents soon after.

If you’re a real estate home owner about to sell or buy a home, do your research before you list or sell.  Ask yourself, “What do the discounters remove to keep their costs down?”.


RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment. Do you have a real estate question for the Real Estate Wizards?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates


Find out why you should contact the Dowell Taggart Team for your Kansas City real estate needs . . . .
     We can help you with online real estate tools that less than 10 Kansas City REALTORS use
     Search 21,000 homes for sale in Kansas City including foreclosures, short sales, luxury homes and more . . .
     Learn how to save on the real estate commission
     Learn how we can help you save money  . . .

Post a Comment

0 Comments