Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Upset Olathe home buyer vents

Yesterday I had a usual phone call. An Olathe home buyer called on one of my Olathe listings as they were FSBO shopping. 

I did what my training as guided me to do when a buyer calls on a property. I first clarify the property the buyers is asking about then I restate the question. Next I answer the question they ask then I state a closing question. 

In this particular situation, the buyer was frustrated. At first I thought it was me. But after a few minutes I found out that the buyer was frustrated that Olathe Realtors were using FSBO or pointer signs without the company information. 

I knew I didn't do this on my Olathe listings so I asked the buyer if they experienced this very much. 

After the buyer said yes, I informed the buyer that the Olathe real estate agents who practiced this advertising technique were actually breaking Kansas State Law. 

In Kansas, real estate agents are not to mislead the public with advertising. The company name is to be clearly stated on the pointer signs.

I suggested that instead of venting to the Olathe real estate agents who are abiding by the law, they should contact the Kansas Real Estate Commission.

  
Let us know what you think or add to our blog by writing a comment.

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Best Associates

Your Olathe Real Estate Marketing Masers!

Follow us on Twitter
Be our fan Facebook
Friend us on Facebook
Network with us on Ning
Follow us on Social Media

















Post a Comment

0 Comments