Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My real estate agent brought an written offer to purchase my home in Olathe - I'm not sure I have a sales contract

Question: My real estate agent brought an written offer to purchase my home in Olathe. Instead of signing, I made a written counter offer. According to my real estate agent, the buyer made a verbal counter. I agreed to the buyer's counter, verbally. My real estate agent told me the buyer had signed the offer. When I asked the agent if I needed to sign the agreement she told me that I had already signed the counter-offer. I never signed the counter-offer agreement with the terms we verbally discussed. I want to make sure that an error does not delay the sale or we proceed to closing with the wrong terms. What should I do and do you thing I really have a contract?
Annie S. Olathe, Kansas



Answer: Annie, from what you described it does sound like you may have an agreed upon sales contract. Since only written contracts are enforceable in Kansas, make sure all parts of the sales contract is in writing. It is common to negotiate real estate contracts verbally, then follow-up in writing.

Since you are entitled to receive all copies of every document, I would first request a copy of the entire contract in writing. After receiving the contract, look at the counter offer. Review the counter for the terms you agreed to verbally. Also review your signature and the buyer’s signature/dates.

I would also request a copy of a estimated sellers proceeds statement from your real estate agent and the title company.









RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Blog post written by the Dowell Taggart Team of RE/MAX Premier Realty 

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
We have 3 easy steps to find you the perfect home . Click here to get started, today!

kansas city real estate network - dowell taggart team
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.

Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


start kansas city home real estate search, find kansas city real estate house why use kansas city real estate network kansas city home evaluation, house appraisal, kansas city home value

Post a Comment

0 Comments