Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My fiancee and I have been planning on buying a home this spring before we get married this summer. Both of us are professionals and make good money. The problem is that although my fiancee has avoided a bankruptcy when he closed a business 2 years ago, his credit is poor. Should I see if I could qualify on my own so we could buy a home in Overland Park, or would the extra income be better? What do you think?

Question: My fiancee and I have been planning on buying a home this spring before we get married this summer. Both of us are professionals and make good money. The problem is that although my fiancee has avoided a bankruptcy when he closed a business 2 years ago, his credit is poor. Should I see if I could qualify on my own so we could buy a home in Overland Park, or would the extra income be better? What do you think?
Cathy G. from Overland Park, Kansas


Answer: This is a great question that I get asked frequently, Cathy. Without knowing some specifics, it will be hard to answer your question. I would recommend contacting a mortgage lender like Dennis Moser from Prime Mortgage Lending. Dennis will ask some great questions and pull up a credit report so he could give you a professional answer. 


Dennis Moser can be reached at 913-481-7212.




RE/MAX sells more homes than any other real estate company.
For a reason...should we talk?

Another blog post written by:
The Real Estate Wizard of Kansas City
The Real Estate Wizards of Kansas City

Comments are appreciated! Go ahead and add your 2 cents . . .
Short sales, foreclosures, luxury homes, investor homes, first time home buyer homes, land, investment properties and move up buyers.
Gardner, Olathe, Overland Park, Leawood, Lenexa, Shawnee, Mission, Merriam, Prairie Village, Basehor, Tonganoxie, Lansing, Leavenworth, Spring Hill, Eudora, De Soto, Edgerton, Platte City, Smithville, Gladstone, Liberty, Riverside, Independence, Lee's Summit, Pleasant Hill, Raymore, Belton, Grandview, Raytown, Waldo and the surrounding Kansas City communities.


Post a Comment

0 Comments